This strawberry pretzel salad recipe is perfect for fans of the sweet and salty flavor pairing.
Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad only has 5 ingredients and is perfectly light and fluffy. Serve as a dessert or side dish!
There is a reason why this Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad is the most popular recipe on our website – it’s so DELICIOUS!
If you love fluff salads, be sure to check out all the recipes on our site:
I think that out of all the fluffy salads on our blog, this strawberry one is my favorite!
I have written this recipe to make 10-12 servings, but you could easily cut it in half (use the small boxes of jello and only one 8 ounce container of Cool Whip) if you need less.
Related Article: Make your own fruit snacks at home with Jello! Our Easy Jello Fruit Snacks are easy to make!
This is a favorite holiday treat for my family. It can be made with sugar free gelatin, fat free cottage cheese, and fat free cool whip for a lower calorie treat. This is an EASY and quick treat!
- (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored Jell-O®
- (16 ounce) package
- (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data.
A classic Strawberry Jello Salad Recipe. Strawberry Fluff Salad is the perfect easy dessert salad to bring to parties, picnics, and potlucks. The fruit salad has indeed been classic fare for events such as these for decades now.
Fresh strawberries with strawberry gelatin, pudding, whipped topping. marshmallows and crushed pineapple make this easy dessert salad a delight for the taste buds. The easy no bake preparation is great for summer and the hectic holiday season, as well.
Enjoy sharing this easy Strawberry Fluff Salad at your next gathering.
If you need more than one dessert salad, try my Snickers Apple Salad or my Ambrosia Salad recipe too. It is also a fabulous choice to bring to the cookout!
This Strawberry Fluff Jello Salad is a fun summer dessert that is also popular during the holidays. I grow strawberries in my garden, so when they are in season, I make this recipe often.
I know some of you have qualms about using boxed puddings and Cool Whip. I’m usually a fan of making things from scratch, but when you need a quick tasty dessert to bring to a cook out this strawberry fluff salad does the trick.
The strawberry fluff salad is classic picnic food that doesn’t fail. Can’t you almost smell the strawberries and marshmallow through the picture of the fruit salad.
For another easy strawberry dessert try making my Strawberry Dump Cake or Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies.
This No-Bake Strawberry Angel Dessert uses store bought angel food cake, Jell-O, frozen strawberries and Cool Whip to make the best summer dessert!
THE PERFECT SUMMERTIME DESSERT!
Don’t judge a dessert by its outward appearance. Seriously. This No Bake Strawberry Dessert is one of those ugly desserts. It really is. But it sure does taste good! No baking required! Only five ingredients that will only take you minutes to throw together. I get asked to bring this dessert to all those summer cookouts because it’s so light and refreshing after a hot day!
ANGEL FOOD CAKE, STRAWBERRY JELL-O, FROZEN STRAWBERRIES AND COOL WHIP
It’s also not a really heavy dessert so it’s kinda perfect after a heavy meal. Everyone loves this stuff. A lot of folks call it “The Pink Stuff.” 🙂 Whatever you call it – I know you will call it good!
(FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- store-bought angel food cake
- strawberry Jell-O
- boiling water
- container frozen strawberries with sugar
- whipped topping (COOL WHIP)
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE STRAWBERRY ANGEL DESSERT
Cut angel food cake into bite-sized (1-inch) pieces.
Place half of the angel food cake pieces into the bottom of the 9×13 baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk together strawberry Jell-O with boiling water. Stir until no longer grainy.
Stir in strawberries until combined.
Whisk in COOL WHIP to strawberry mixture until combined well (it will be a little lumpy.)
Spoon half the strawberry mixture over angel food cake pieces.
Layer with the other half of angel food cake pieces.
Pour the rest of the strawberry mixture on top. Spread to cover evenly.
Cover and place into the refrigerator at least two hours to cool. Scoop small servings into bowls and top with a fresh strawberry.
CRAVING MORE DESSERTS LIKE THIS? GIVE THESE A TRY!
- store-bought angel food cake
- box strawberry Jell-O
- container frozen strawberries with sugar,
- tub COOL WHIP,
- Cut angel food cake into bite-sized (1-inch) pieces. Place half of the angel food cake pieces into the bottom of the 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together strawberry Jell-O with boiling water. Stir until no longer grainy. Stir in strawberries until combined.
- Whisk in Cool Whip to strawberry mixture until combined well (it might be a little lumpy which is just fine.)
- Spoon half the strawberry mixture over angel food cake pieces.
- Layer with the other half of angel food cake pieces.
- Pour the rest of the strawberry mixture evenly on top.
- Cover and place into the refrigerator at least two hours to cool.
- Scoop small servings into bowls and top with a fresh strawberry.
This easy jello cheesecake is completely no-bake and perfect for summer! You’ll love the tangy, creamy filling and graham cracker crust.
Where are all the cheesecake fans at? Today’s simple recipe is sure to become a family favorite. It’s quick, easy and delicious – just like our No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake, Cheesecake Bites, and Cheesecake Brownies.
Jello No Bake Cheesecake – it’s so easy!
I love cheesecake recipes – whether it’s classic New York Cheesecake or decadent chocolate cheesecake. Nothing beats the velvety smooth texture and rich, creamy flavor.
But did you know you can make a delicious no-bake cheesecake using jello?
Yes – you can! And today I’m going to show you how simple it is! This easy recipe is a lemon jello cheesecake recipe that has delicious lemon flavor and crunchy, graham cracker crust.
Using jello in the recipe acts as flavor for the cheesecake. Not only that, but it also helps the cheesecake set properly.
You end up with a texture that’s not too dense or heavy – but instead is super smooth with an almost mousse-like consistency.
How to Make Jello Cheesecake
CRUST. I love the graham crumb crust – so this recipe makes enough to go along the bottom and up the edges. You’ll mix together graham cracker crumbs, a little sugar and melted butter, then press it into the tin.
FILLING. Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until it’s soft with no lumps. Make sure to use full-fat, brick-style cream cheese here.
COMBINE. Then, carefully mix in the cooled jello mixture and a little lemon juice. You want to do this slowly, and ensure that the jello is 100% cooled before going ahead. Then it’s time to gently fold in the whipped topping.
CHILL. Spoon the mixture into the pan, smooth the top, and then pop the cheesecake in the fridge to chill. It will need to chill for at least 6 hours before serving. So I typically make it the night before I plan to serve it.
DECORATE. I like to decorate the cheesecake with some whipped cream and berries, or you could spoon a dollop of lemon curd on top of each piece.
You can easily make this jello cheesecake with other varieties of jello too. My favorites are:
- For a strawberry jello cheesecake, omit the lemon juice from the recipe and use strawberry jello.
- For an orange creamsicle jello cheesecake, instead of lemon juice use 2 tablespoons of orange zest. Then use orange jello instead of lemon jello.
- For raspberry jello cheesecake, omit lemon juice and use raspberry jello.
- For lemon/blueberry, keep cheesecake as is and top with fresh blueberries.
Note that this recipe makes too much filling for a store-bought, 8-inch graham crumb pie crust. If you’d like to use a pre-made pie crust, buy 2. The filling recipe will be enough to fill both.
Recipe TIPS + FAQ
JUST in case you have leftovers, here are a few tips for storing a no bake cheesecake:
- How to store? This cheesecake must be stored in a cold place. Cover loosely with plastic wrap or foil. The cheesecake will last for 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
- How to freeze? You can freeze the cake whole or in slices. Once chilled, remove the cake from the baking pan, slice if desired, and wrap with plastic wrap (do not add toppings). Store in an airtight container or wrap again with foil. Label the contents and include the date packaged. Store in the freezer for 3-4 months for best quality but can safely be stored for 6-8 months. To eat: thaw overnight in the fridge, add toppings and enjoy!
- Store in the freezer for 3-4 months for best quality but can safely be stored for 6-8 months. To eat: thaw overnight in the fridge, add toppings and enjoy!
We typically like to make this a day AHEAD OF TIME for holidays and special occasions. 😉
For more lemon desserts, be sure to try
- In a medium bowl, stir together the graham crumbs and sugar.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan the mixture will not go up all the way up to the top of the sides).
- Place in the fridge as you make the filling.
- Sprinkle the jello into the boiling water. Stir the mixture for the jello to dissolve. Set aside as you make the rest of the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Ensure that the jello mixture is cooled to room temperature. With the mixer on low speed, beat the jello into the cream cheese mixture a little at a time. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Carefully fold the thawed whipped topping into the mixture until it’s evenly mixed.
- Spoon the filling overtop of the crust and smooth the top.
- Place in the fridge for 6 hours, or until set.
- When ready to serve, carefully run a thin, sharp knife around the edges of the springform pan. Carefully unclamp the edges of the springform pan.
- Optionally, top the cheesecake with whipped cream and berries.
Store leftovers covered in the fridge.
This easy, delicious and creamy no-bake strawberry Jello Pie is the perfect treat! Grab Cool Whip, Jello and a graham cracker crust because it is shockingly easy to make.
Jump to RecipeTable of Contents
This pink, strawberry Jello pie is the perfect no-bake dessert, featuring a fresh flavor and a creamy filling nestled in a buttery graham cracker crust. It’s especially refreshing on a hot summer day, although we’d happily eat this delicious pie all year round.
This quick jello pie is a simple homemade offering at its best, just like our strawberry cheesecake pie and oreo pie. They are both delicious no-bake desserts that we love to whip up for a quick treat.
What is a jello pie?
A jello pie is a type of dessert made with gelatin, fruit, and sometimes whipped cream set in a pie crust. It’s usually served chilled or at room temperature and can be topped with whipped cream or other additions to make it more appealing.
Jello Cool Whip Pie Ingredients
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 1 (3-ounce) package strawberry Jello mix
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 (16-ounce) tub Cool Whip
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust
Jello Strawberry Pie Substitutions and Additions
JELLO: You can make this easy dessert with different flavors of Jello. I have made it with grape jello and everyone loves the rich and fun purple color it creates. How about a magical blue or green pie? You could even make the easy filling match the season. Try orange jello for Halloween or pastel color for Easter.
TOPPING: A dollop of whipped cream or Cool Whip and a maraschino cherry will make a slice of this pie extra special. You could also add fresh fruit on top or a scoop of ice cream on the side.
GRAHAM CRACKERS: You could swap out the plain graham cracker pie crust for chocolate graham crackers or even an oreo crust. You could also make a homemade graham cracker crust if you prefer.
How to make Jello Pie
STEP ONE: In a medium bowl, stir together the boiling water and strawberry Jello for two minutes until completely dissolved.
STEP TWO: Add the ice-cold water to the jello mixture and stir until slightly thickened.
STEP THREE: Whisk in 2 cups of Cool Whip until well blended.
If you have strawberries hanging out in your fridge, you could mix in a few diced strawberries to your jello and Cool Whip mixture.
STEP FOUR: Refrigerate the pie filling in the mixing bowl for 30 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Smooth out into the prepared pie shell, cover pie with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
It does take a while to set so ensure that you give yourself a good 4 hours before you want to enjoy it.
How to serve No Bake Strawberry Pie
Cut generous slices of this perfect dessert and serve cold, with dollops of whipped topping or homemade whipped cream on top of the pie.
A bright, fresh cherry is the perfect finish before serving. You could also top with other fresh fruit, like fresh strawberries.
Serve alongside our other pies, including custard pie, or apple pie cookies.
Storing Jello Strawberry Pie
IN THE FRIDGE: If you have any pie left over, pop it back in the fridge to keep cool until you are ready to serve more.
IN THE FREEZER: We don’t recommend freezing this pie as gelatin doesn’t freeze well and the texture will change once thawed.
You will love this No Bake Strawberry Pie
This is a quick recipe that kids can help make and is perfect for when you want something sweet and delicious but don’t want to be spending too much time in the kitchen. It’s an easy recipe with only a handful of simple ingredients that lets you experiment with the flavor of jello you choose and creates a fluffy and sweet treat.
Jello Pie FAQs
I can’t find ready-made crusts at the grocery store, can I make my own crust?
You can make your own graham cracker crust if you want to or can’t find a premade one. Either use graham crumbs or turn whole graham crackers into crumbs in your food processor, mix with about 5-6 tablespoons of melted butter, and press into your pie plate.
Can this pie be frozen?
Can I use homemade whipped cream in this recipe?
You could replace the Cool Whip with homemade whipped cream either in the mixture or on top of the pie.
Why is my jello pie runny?
There are two likely reasons why your jello pie is runny. First, it may be that you added too much water to the gelatin mixture. You have to be precise in your measurements to ensure the ratios are correct for the jello to set. Second, the pie needs to be in the fridge to set. If you leave it on the counter, the pie won’t set and you will end up with a runny pie.
Does jello set better covered or uncovered?
You can cover the jello with plastic wrap but keep in mind that it will take longer to set than if uncovered.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Jello Strawberry Flavor
- ice cold water
- ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust,
- Boil your water as you prepare your other ingredients.
- Stir together the boiling water and strawberry Jello for two minutes until completely dissolved.
- Add the ice cold water to the gelatin mixture and stir until slightly thickened.
- Whisk in 2 cups Cool Whip until well blended.
- Refrigerate the pie filling for 30 minutes.
- Smooth out into the prepared pie shell and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- If you have strawberries hanging out in your fridge, you could mix in a few diced strawberries to your jello and Cool Whip mixture.
- It does take a while to set so ensure that you give yourself a good 4 hours before you want to enjoy it.
This strawberry jello salad with cool whip offers a fresh take on jello salad is a go-to side dish all spring and summer long! It’s delicious, easy to make, and will please everyone at the dinner table. Our family loves this salad, and with three ingredients, it’s a simple dish we can make for dinner or dessert all the time.
We all have memories of potlucks or family gatherings with interesting jello salads: mystery toppings and random fruit suspended in green gelatin. This is NOT that salad! This salad is light, refreshing, delicious, and pretty.
I served it as a dessert at dinner parties, with a little whipped cream, and received rave reviews! And my picky four-year-old loves it because it’s bright pink and has fresh strawberries.
It’s perfect all spring and summer because it’s cool and fresh and doesn’t require a lot of prep or time over a hot stove. It stores well for days, doesn’t go bad at a picnic, and can be dressed as a fancy dessert. It makes a perfect family-friendly side dish.
- one 6 oz box of regular (not sugar-free) strawberry jello, prepared according to the instructions below
- one 8 oz container of Cool Whip
- 2 cups or 1 pound of fresh strawberries, diced or sliced how you prefer
- optional add-ins include: whipped cream for topping, strawberry jam at the bottom, or mini marshmallows to mix in
How to Make Strawberry Jello Salad
- Boil one cup of water on the stovetop, and mix into the bowl with jello powder in the mixing bowl.
- Add one cup of cold water and stir. (These are the instructions on the side of the box.)
- Pour the jello into a large mixing bowl.
- But watch out, it splashes. This breaks up any jello bits that have started to set and adds air to the mix.
- Then fold in the Cool Whip and the strawberries.
- Mix thoroughly, but be gentle, and don’t deflate the mix by stirring too aggressively.
How long do I chill the jello?
From start to finish, the salad requires about ten minutes of effort, but you should plan because it requires two trips to the fridge to chill and set. For the first step, make the jello according to the instructions on the box, then chill for about 45-60 minutes or until the jello barely begins to set. You’ll know it’s ready when it’s not runny and is thoroughly chilled.
It shouldn’t be set. Otherwise, it will not mix in with the Cool Whip correctly. You must chill it for at least another hour the second time until the jello is firm and set. You can tell it’s ready when it’s firm to the touch.
How long do you wait to add fruit to jello?
You don’t have to wait very long – just right after you mix the jello for a minute with your electric mixer or whisk.
Should I use fresh or frozen berries?
This recipe calls for fresh berries, diced into small pieces, so they suspend nicely in the solution and aren’t too big to eat. Frozen berries will work in a pinch, but they’ll be chunkier, and add a bit of water as they thaw in the salad. The upside to frozen berries is they will chill the salad faster.
You don’t need to dice the berries. If you prefer, slicing them into thin strips or julienne pieces will also be attractive. Always be consistent throughout the salad so they mix well and look uniform.
Is jello salad a dessert or a side dish?
This was created as a side dish. It’s perfect for bringing to a family-friendly event like a birthday party, church dinner, or another group event. Sometimes for this, I’ll toss in a bunch of mini marshmallows. It makes it kid-friendly, so even the pickiest eater will be happy.
It can be a fun dessert dish and is perfect for a ladies’ lunch, book group, or another event where a refreshing, light dessert will hit the spot. For this, I whip it up according to the recipe and add a little strawberry jam (here’s a great, no pectin, low-sugar strawberry jam recipe), or a big dollop of fresh whipped cream, or both! Some sliced whole berries on top take it to the next level.
That’s why this is a great recipe; it is excellent as a basic recipe but is so easy to adapt to different audiences to make everyone happy without making you work extra long or hard in the kitchen!
How can I make this salad fancier?
If you want to dress up this dish, spread a spoonful of strawberry jam in the bottom of a dessert dish or shallow glass. Then add the salad mix. After the dish has chilled, dollop it with fresh whipped cream and a slice of strawberry.
How long does jello last in the fridge?
It can stay fresh at a picnic for a few hours (due to the gelatin and sugar content). It will get soft if it’s outside in the heat for too long. It will stay fresh in the fridge for up to five days.
Can I freeze this jello salad?
This is not an ideal dish to freeze, as jello loses its structure when it thaws from being frozen.
How many does this serve?
This dish serves 12, give or take a little bit.
- one 6 oz box regular (not sugar free) strawberry jello, prepared according to instructions
- one 8 oz container of Cool Whip
- 2 cups or 1 pound fresh strawberries, diced or sliced how you prefer
- optional add-ins include whipped cream for topping, strawberry jam at the bottom, or mini marshmallows to mix in
- Boil one cup water on stove top, and mix into bowl with jello powder in mixing bowl.
- Add in one cup cold water and stir.
- Pour the jello into a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer is great for this step. But watch out it splashes.
- This breaks up any jello bits that have started to set, and adds air to the mix.
- Then fold in the Cool Whip and then strawberries. Mix completely, but be gentle and don’t deflate the mix by stirring too aggressively.
- If you want to add in mini marshmallows, do it now.
- Transfer to a 9×13 pan for serving, or into individual dishes if you prefer.
- You can top with whipped cream and sliced strawberries if you prefer.
- If you want to dress up this dish, spread a spoonful of strawberry jam in the bottom of a glass dessert dish or shallow glass.
- Then add the salad mix. After the dish has chilled, dollop with some fresh whipped cream and a slice of strawberry.
Amount Per Serving:
5g 4g 0g 1g
Please verify this information with your preferred nutrition calculator.
More Jello Recipes You May Enjoy
This whipped strawberry jello salad with a cool whip doesn’t get any easier! You can easily dress it up to make it fancier or keep it simple as writing. It’s a huge hit every time!
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
How Long Does Strawberry Pretzel Salad Last In the Fridge?
Cover the strawberry pretzel salad tightly with aluminum foil, then store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Try one of our other fruit salads
Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad only has 6 ingredients and is perfectly light and fluffy. Serve as a dessert or side dish!
- cook and serve vanilla pudding mix
- strawberry jello package
- (half of the 10 ounce bag)
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together pudding mix, Jello mix, and water. Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Once mixture has thickened, beat until creamy with an electric hand mixer.
- Using bananas is optional in this recipe (it’s great with or without them), but if you do use them, add them right before eating. They tend to turn brown and get mushy if you add them too early.
- You can also add pineapple tidbits for another delicious twist.
Dessert, Side Dish
How far in advance can I make this jello fluff salad?
To be honest, I wouldn’t recommend making it more than 1 day in advance.
I find that the juice from the strawberries will make the salad runny.
For best results, make this salad the same day that you plan on eating it.
Did you know this makes it to our Thanksgiving table EVERY year? Check out all of our favorite Thanksgiving recipes!
In one bowl, prepare the strawberry jello.
Chilling strawberry flavor Jell-o with ice.
First add the boiling water to dissolve the strawberry Jello powder, then add ice to cool it down and thicken it.
In a separate large bowl mix pineapple and vanilla pudding. Then add strawberries (reserving a few slices for the top), cool whip and mini marshmallows and mix well.
Finally, break up the jello and fold it into the rest of the strawberry fluff salad mixture. Top with additional strawberries.
Cover the mixing bowl tightly with plastic wrap and keep the strawberry jello salad in the fridge until ready to serve.
Can I make this strawberry fluff with frozen strawberries?
While you can make it with frozen strawberries, I do encourage you to use fresh strawberries in the recipe if possible. They will provide better texture in the dessert salad.
Can I use whipped cream in the recipe?
A stiffened whip cream could be used, but honestly the Cool Whip will hold up better, particularly if you want the salad to last longer than a couple hours. Adding some softened cream cheese along with the cream would help it hold up.
Can I make this strawberry fluff recipe diabetic friendly?
Sugar free gelatin and pudding, as well as some sugar free marshmallows would reduce the glycemic load a lot. Perhaps even make your own homemade whipped cream with a zero calorie sweetener rather then the store bought whipped topping.
Party Favorite Anytime of Year
While one of everyone’s favorite summer salad recipes this pot luck staple is great for holiday parties as well! The strawberry fluff salad is an easy dessert to make and travels well.
- strawberry jello gelatin
- Instant Vanilla Pudding mix
- (fresh, trimmed and sliced)
- thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
- Add contents of the gelatin package to a medium bowl.
- Stir in boiling water with the jello until dissolved.
- Pour crushed ice into the bowl and stir until the ice has melted.
- Place into refrigerator for 10 minutes or until it begins to set.
- Pour crushed pineapple and juices along with vanilla pudding into a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the strawberries, mini marshmallows and cool whip. Mix well.
- Use a spoon to break up the strawberry jello and add it to the Cool Whip mixture. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Can You Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad Ahead of Time?
Yes, this strawberry pretzel salad recipe makes a great make-ahead dish. In fact, since it needs a few hours to set in the refrigerator, it makes perfect sense to prepare this potluck-perfect dish a day in advance.
Watch how to make this Jello Fluff Salad
Ingredients needed for Strawberry Fluff Jello Salad
- 1 large box Cook and Serve Vanilla Pudding (instant pudding will not work for this recipe)
- 1 large box strawberry jell-o
- 16 ounces Cool-Whip
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2-3 bananas, sliced
- 5 ounces (1/2 a bag) of mini marshmallows
Why is this called “Jello Fluff Salad”?
The texture of this salad is light and fluffy!
Some people even add in marshmallows, which adds even more to the fluffiness of this dish.
What makes the salad so fluffy is the mixture of the Jello mix with the pudding mix – it makes everything so smooth.
Add in the fluffy Cool-Whip and it makes the perfect combination of smooth fruity flavor with fluffy whipped topping.
Strawberry Jello Salad Recipe
This is a quick visual walk-through showing how to make this strawberry fluff recipe. Full printable recipe below.
Here are all the ingredients you will need to make the strawberry fluff salad:
- frozen whipped topping
- sliced fresh strawberries (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- mini marshmallows
- instant vanilla pudding mix
- crushed pineapple
- strawberry flavor jello
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise
“It has become a family tradition,” says one Allrecipes community member. “Because this recipe is so forgiving, you can adjust the recipe to your own taste. The dessert is actually gorgeous when completed — especially on a serving plate.”
“I’ve made this recipe twice,” according to Amy Shipley Carpenter. “The second time I doubled the crust and was out of whipped topping so I used heavy whipping cream and made my own.”
“This has been a family favorite for years,” says Susan Teneza. “I am usually rushing when I am making this, but I’ve learned that it’s much easier to take my time and divide the process into three separate steps which allows each to cool properly and always yields the best results.”
Editorial contributions by Corey Williams
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more.
Can you make this fluff salad with sugar-free jello and pudding?
I have not made this salad using sugar-free jello or pudding, but in everything that I have read about sugar-free jello, it should still work out great for this recipe!
If you try it with sugar-free jello, leave a comment below and let us know how it worked.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Ingredients
These are the ingredients you’ll need to make this top-rated strawberry pretzel salad recipe:
· Pretzels: To easily make crushed pretzels, place them in a zip-top bag and crush them with a rolling pin.· Butter: Melted butter lends moisture and helps bind the crushed pretzels together, creating a delicious crust.· Sugar: You’ll need white sugar for the pretzel crust and for the fluffy cream cheese topping.· Cream cheese and whipped topping: Beat cream cheese, sugar, and whipped topping together to make a decadent topping.· Jell-O and frozen strawberries: Dissolve two packages of strawberry-flavored Jell-O in two cups of boiling water, then combine with frozen strawberries.
How to Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad
You’ll find the full, step-by-step recipe below — but here’s a brief overview of what you can expect when you make strawberry pretzel salad at home:
1. Make the pretzel crust, press into the bottom of a baking dish, and bake.2. Make the cream cheese-whipped topping layer, then spread over the crust.3. Make the Jell-O, then stir in the frozen berries. Spread over the cream cheese layer.4. Refrigerate the strawberry pretzel salad until set.
Like this recipe?
Can You Freeze Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
We don’t recommend strawberry pretzel salad, as the dairy-rich cream cheese layer is likely to separate as it thaws.
Can you make this salad with fresh whipped cream?
I have never tried making this recipe without cool-whip – the cool whip is needed to get that fluffy texture.
If you use fresh whipped cream, I am afraid that you will not get the same fluffy consistency and this recipe will not turn out the way that it’s supposed to.
If you are looking for a homemade Cool-Whip alternative, check out this recipe for Stabilized Whipped Cream – it has a more similar fluffiness to Cool-Whip.