Mac and Cheese Recipe Without Baking
Are you craving a creamy and delicious bowl of mac and cheese but dont have access to an oven? Look no further! In this article, we will guide you through a simple and mouthwatering mac and cheese recipe that doesnt require any baking. Get ready to enjoy a comforting and cheesy delight from the stovetop!
For this delightful mac and cheese recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of macaroni pasta (or any pasta of your choice)
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (or a combination of your favorite cheeses)
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
6. Seasonings and Spices
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of mustard powder (optional)
- A pinch of nutmeg (optional)
Now lets dive into the step-by-step process of creating this creamy mac and cheese goodness!
Step 1: Boil the pasta
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Add a pinch of salt to the boiling water, then add the macaroni pasta.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until it reaches an al dente texture.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and set it aside.
Step 2: Prepare the Cheese Sauce
- In the same pot or a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour to the melted butter and whisk continuously for about 1-2 minutes to create a roux.
- Slowly pour in the milk while whisking the roux to create a smooth mixture.
- Continue whisking until the sauce thickens, which should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, garlic powder (if desired), mustard powder (if desired), and nutmeg (if desired) to the sauce.
- Stir the sauce continuously over low heat until the cheeses are fully melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
Step 3: Combine the Pasta and Cheese Sauce
- Add the cooked macaroni pasta to the cheese sauce.
- Stir well, ensuring that all the pasta is coated with the delicious cheese sauce.
- Cook the mixture over low heat for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
Step 4: Serve and Enjoy
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Carefully transfer the mac and cheese to serving bowls or plates.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese or chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the creamy and cheesy delight!
With this simple stovetop mac and cheese recipe, you can satisfy your cravings without even turning on the oven. The rich and creamy cheese sauce combined with perfectly cooked pasta will leave your taste buds wanting more. So go ahead, gather the ingredients, and indulge in a bowl of comfort that is mac and cheese!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I use different types of cheese for this recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different cheeses to create your own unique flavor combination. Some popular options include Gruyere, Monterey Jack, or even a spicy pepper jack.
Can I add additional ingredients to the mac and cheese?
Of course! You can customize your mac and cheese by adding cooked bacon, sautéed onions, or even roasted vegetables for an extra flavor boost.
How can I make the mac and cheese more gooey and stretchy?
To achieve a gooey and stretchy texture, try adding a small amount of sodium citrate to the cheese sauce. This ingredient helps stabilize the cheese emulsion and creates that desired stretchy consistency.
Can I make the mac and cheese in advance and reheat it later?
While mac and cheese is best enjoyed fresh, you can prepare it in advance and reheat it. To reheat, add a splash of milk to the mac and cheese, cover it, and microwave it in short intervals, stirring in between, until it reaches the desired temperature.
Can I freeze the mac and cheese?
Yes, you can freeze mac and cheese. Transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. To reheat, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat it in the oven or microwave.