Banana Bread Recipe: Sallys Baking Addiction
Are you craving a delicious homemade treat that will make your taste buds sing with joy? Look no further than Sallys Baking Addictions mouthwatering banana bread recipe! In this article, well guide you through the steps of creating this delectable treat. With its moist texture, rich banana flavor, and irresistible aroma, this banana bread will become a family favorite in no time.
The Perfect Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed (approximately 1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt (optional, but highly recommended)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until well combined. Then, whisk in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Add the mashed bananas to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. If desired, gently fold in the sour cream or Greek yogurt for added moisture.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can lead to a denser loaf.
- If using, fold in the chopped walnuts or pecans for some extra crunch and flavor.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for approximately 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the bread starts browning too quickly, you can cover it loosely with aluminum foil.
- Once fully baked, remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve! This banana bread is terrific on its own, or you can spread some butter or cream cheese on top for an extra indulgence.
Congratulations! You have successfully learned how to make a delightful banana bread using Sallys Baking Addictions recipe. This delicious treat will bring warmth to your home and fill it with a delightful aroma. Whether you enjoy it as a breakfast staple, an afternoon snack, or a dessert, this banana bread is sure to satisfy your cravings.
FAQs about Banana Bread
1. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free alternative?
Absolutely! You can replace the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend to make this recipe gluten-free. Ensure that the replacement is a 1:1 ratio to maintain the right consistency.
2. Can I use frozen bananas instead of ripe ones?
While ripe bananas are preferred for their sweetness and flavor, you can thaw out frozen bananas and use them in this recipe. Make sure you drain any excess liquid before mashing them.
3. How can I store leftover banana bread?
To preserve the freshness of your banana bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can refrigerate it for up to a week.
4. Can I freeze banana bread?
Absolutely! Banana bread freezes exceptionally well. Wrap individual slices or the entire loaf tightly in plastic wrap, followed by aluminum foil or a freezer-safe bag. It can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw the bread in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature.
5. Can I add chocolate chips to the recipe?
Yes, you can certainly add chocolate chips to elevate the flavor of your banana bread. Simply fold in 1/2 to 1 cup of your favorite chocolate chips alongside the optional nuts for a delightful twist.
Now, its time to roll up your sleeves, gather the ingredients, and embark on an unforgettable baking adventure with Sallys Baking Addictions banana bread recipe. Enjoy the aroma filling your kitchen and relish every delicious bite!