Skip the crust: use cheesecake filling in a parfait and invent a whole new “layer cake.” Mix the filling, then put some in a glass. Top with broken-up cookies (such as chocolate or vanilla wafers) or graham crackers, and add fresh fruit (such as raspberries or blueberries). Alternate layers. Refrigerate parfait for 30 minutes, and serve.
Chocolate cheesecake: make the crust with chocolate wafer cookies (10 ounces, or about 50 cookies) instead of graham crackers. Once you’ve mixed the filling, gently stir in 1 cup mini chocolate chips, and then fill the crust. Sprinkle more chips on top of the chilled cake.
This No Bake Cheesecake is a 10-minute prep (plus chilling time), no-bake, foolproof way to make cheesecake, the easy way. And, it’s utterly delicious. Utterly simple. And one you’ll make often!
With its melt-in-your-mouth sweet and velvety filling, it will become a favorite!
Perfect for the warm months when you want to keep the oven off — and still have a decadent treat.
While traditional cheesecakes are incredibly yummy, they can be challenging even for the pros. In this no-bake cheesecake recipe, there is no water bath method to employ, no risk of the surface cracking, and the oven, as mentioned, remains off.
It’s a win you’ll love this summer!
What to Love About No Bake Cheesecake
- 10 minutes (or less) to prep, plus chilling time
- Make ahead perfect
- So, so simple!
What is No-Bake Cheesecake?
It’s a cheesecake, made in about 10 minutes, that requires no oven, no baking, and very little time. Much like my No Bake 3 Ingredient Chocolate Pie, this dessert is made with simple ingredients, a few turns of a spatula, and chilling time.
It’s simple, it’s beautiful, and perfect for those days when you crave homemade cheesecake but want it quick and easy.
What You Need to Make this Simple No Bake Cheesecake
These simple ingredients will transform into a decadent, creamy cheesecake you’ll love. Here are the ingredients needed. The exact measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post:
- Cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Ready-made graham cracker crust
- Sour cream
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice
- Whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- Toppings, optional
Tips for Making a Perfect No Bake Cheesecake
This classic No Bake Cheesecake is incredibly easy to make. Here are some tips to make it foolproof:
- Be sure to use pure cream cheese and not cream cheese spread.
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature (see methods for doing this below). This will help provide a smooth and velvety texture.
- Using chilled cream cheese will result in a lumpy cheesecake.
There are several ways to serve this cheesecake. Be sure to add the topping before serving.
In the summer months, I love blueberry topping, which is what I’ve used here. You can make your own or buy a ready-made blueberry pie filling (strawberry and cherry work deliciously too).
Or, you can serve with fresh berries, like strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries– which reminds me of another super easy summer dessert I love that also features fresh berries– Simple Berry Trifle Recipe!
Can I Substitute Whipped Cream for Whipped Topping?
Absolutely. However, be sure to use cold heavy whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form. This step is essential as it gives structure and thickness to the cheesecake. If the cream isn’t whipped until stiff peaks form, it will not set as it should.
How to Bring Cream Cheese to Room Temperature
There are a couple of ways to bring cream cheese to room temperature.
Here are a few methods that work:
Can You Freeze a No-Bake Cheesecake?
A no-bake cheesecake freezes really well whether you freeze the entire cheesecake or even in slices.
Here are a few tips:
- Freeze the cheesecake without topping.
- Use an airtight container for a firm foundation for the cheesecake.
- If not using an airtight container, freeze on a cake board, double wrap in plastic wrap, and foil.
- It will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer.
To thaw a frozen no bake cheesecake, and refrigerate overnight.
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (8-oz) container whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 9 or 10-inch ready made graham cracker crust
- With a spoon or using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth and combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Transfer the cheesecake filling into a ready-made graham cracker crust and smooth the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight to set.
- Before serving, add toppings.
- Pie filling (I’ve used blueberry here)
- Piping of whipped cream
- Fresh berries
Amount Per Serving:
9g 4g 0g 3g
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
My easy, No-Bake Cheesecake is made no gelatin or condensed milk and tastes JUST like the classic version you’re used to! This recipe needs only a few hours to chill before slicing and serving. Includes a how-to video!
No-Bake Cheesecake (Without Gelatin)
As a self-proclaimed cheesecake snob, I know how disappointing it can be to make a no-bake cheesecake recipe and have it not even closely resemble real-deal, classic cheesecake. With most recipes, you encounter one of two problems: either the texture is lacking (soft, pudding-like) or the flavor is just completely off. So, when I set out to make my no-bake cheesecake, I knew exactly what I needed to avoid just as much as I knew what I was looking for!
My no-bake cheesecake recipe creates a classic, fresh-tasting, firm cheesecake without ever turning on the oven. While many no-bake cheesecakes use gelatin or condensed milk for stabilization, I use homemade whipped cream for the best flavor and texture (and don’t even think about substituting Cool Whip!).
This cheesecake sets up very nicely in the fridge after a few hours (preferably overnight) and has that same, firm cheesecake texture and taste that you’re familiar with–NO oven needed! You’re going to love it!
Why my recipe works
- Whipped cream creates a sturdy base without the need for gelatin.
- Uses the same ingredients as classic cheesecake (minus the eggs) for that classic flavor.
- Much easier and less fussy than a baked cheesecake–great for beginners!
- Can handle toppings like fresh fruit, pie filling, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
For an authentic-tasting cheesecake, we want to stay as true as possible to classic ingredients. That means using:
- Cream cheese. Make sure you use brick-style, full-fat cream cheese. This should be softened to room temperature.
- Sour cream. Sour cream is CRITICAL for a rich, classic, real cheesecake flavor. Maybe this is just my cheesecake snobbery showing here, but a cheesecake made without sour cream is not a cheesecake! Sour cream packs a ton of flavor and adds depth and authenticity to this no-bake cheesecake recipe. If you don’t have or can’t find sour cream, full-fat, plain greek yogurt will also work in a pinch.
- Lemon juice. Just a splash enhances the cheesecake flavor and adds a slight tang. Bottled or fresh lemon juice will work here. This can be left out if needed.
- Sugar. I love using brown sugar in my graham cracker crust for an extra note of flavor. Powdered sugar in the filling blends beautifully while also encouraging a firm, fully-set texture.
- Heavy cream. While not typical for traditional cheesecake (though critical for my basque cheesecake), heavy cream is essential for this no-bake cheesecake. We’ll be whipping this to stiff peaks and folding it into our cheesecake mixture. This creates stability without the need for gelatin or condensed milk!
SAM’S TIP: This recipe will make too much filling for a store-bought graham cracker crust. If you want to use one, you can just pour the extra filling that doesn’t fit in a bowl, chill, and enjoy crustless!
Remember, this is just an overview of the ingredients I used and why. For the full recipe please scroll down to the bottom of the post!
How to Make No-Bake Cheesecake
For the Crust
- Start with your homemade graham cracker crust: Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well-combined and mixture resembles damp sand.
- Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan, then place in the refrigerator to chill (no baking needed for the crust, either!).
For the Filling
- Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks (thickened, fluffy, voluminous, resembling Cool Whip only tastier).
- In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and sour cream until smooth.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until completely combined and batter is smooth.
- Evenly spread the cheesecake filling into your prepared graham cracker crust and chill for several hours before slicing and serving.
SAM’S TIP: Since we’re not baking this cheesecake, it won’t be smoothing itself out in the oven. You can smooth the top of your cheesecake with an offset spatula before chilling for a pretty appearance if you’d like!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can no-bake cheesecake be frozen?
Yes, you can absolutely freeze no-bake cheesecake! I recommend chilling as instructed (in the recipe below) first and then covering the cheesecake well with plastic wrap before freezing. I don’t recommend adding any decorative whipped cream topping (or any topping) until you are ready to serve, as it will make storing more difficult (and messier!).
You can eat the frozen cheesecake straight from frozen or return it to the refrigerator to allow it to thaw before enjoying.
How long does a no-bake cheesecake last?
Personally, we can never get this cheesecake to last longer than 48 hours in our house! If you have more self-control, your cheesecake will keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Be sure to either store it in an airtight container or tightly wrap the springform pan in plastic wrap when storing.
Why didn’t my no-bake cheesecake set?
If you used the wrong kind of cream cheese or didn’t whip your cream long enough, your cheesecake may not set. Make sure to use full-fat brick-style cream cheese and not the spreadable kind that comes in a tub. If you need a visual of what cream whipped to stiff peaks looks like, check out the video below.
No-bake cheesecake would also be delicious on my Oreo crust!
- 9″ or 10″ graham cracker crust prepared in springform pan (please click link for graham cracker crust recipe)
- softened to room temperature (450g) (use brick-style cream cheese, not the spreadable kind sold in tubs)
- Additional whipped cream for topping, optional
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl and, using an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and stir until combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract and lemon juice, pausing to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add sour cream and stir well.
- Pour heavy cream into a separate, medium-sized bowl (preferably a chilled metal bowl). Whisk on high speed (preferably using an electric mixer) until stiff peaks are achieved.
- Fold your whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until smooth and well-combined.
- Spread cheesecake mixture evenly over prepared graham cracker crust.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Top with additional whipped cream before cutting and serving, if desired.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered an estimate only. Actual nutritional content will vary based upon brands used, measuring methods, cooking method, portion sizes, and more.
This recipe was originally posted 06/05/2017, recipe remains the same but post has been updated to be more helpful September 2022
More Cheesecake Recipes
Our favorite no-bake cheesecake recipe requires just minutes of prep and just a handful of simple ingredients!
A rich and decadent cheesecake filling is tucked into a buttery graham cracker crust and refrigerated. It’s super creamy, sweet & tangy.
A perfect go-to dessert for any occasion or holiday. No oven is required!
Why I Love This No-Bake Cheesecake
A rich dense baked cheesecake with blueberry sauce is my absolute favorite dessert but I’ll happily eat any form of cheesecake. I do love the simplicity of a no-bake dessert like this one.
- This easy no bake cheesecake recipe is rich and decadent.
- I love it in a homemade graham cracker crust (also no bake!) but a store-bought crust can be used.
- Prep ahead for holidays and parties since it needs to be chilled for at least 4 hours or overnight!
- It can be prepared and frozen. Once thawed it tastes just as good as the day it was made.
Cream Cheese Filling – I find full fat Philadelphia cream cheese sets up the best for a rich creamy texture. Depending on the brand, light or low-fat versions don’t seem to set as well.
Heavy whipping cream is decadent and rich and when folded into the cream cheese, it creates the perfect consistency. I prefer heavy whipping cream but in a pinch, cool whip or whipped topping can be used. A splash of vanilla extract and some powdered sugar add sweetness and flavor (but you can add other extracts if you’d like).
Graham Cracker Crust – A graham cracker crust is easy to make. With just 3 ingredients, no baking is required.
Worth the Effort!
Making a homemade crust is worth the effort. It takes less than 5 minutes and it’s thicker than a store-bought crust and holds up better. I find store-bought crusts can be too thin and crack when served.
You can swap out the graham crackers for another cookie in the crust if you’d like.
Toppings for Cheesecake
Top this simple cheesecake with your favorite sauce like cherry pie filling, blueberry pie filling, or even chocolate sauce. Or keep it light and top with fresh fruit like raspberries or blackberries.
No-bake cheesecake is crazy easy to make in just a few simple steps!
- Prep Crust: The ingredients together and press them into a pie plate or springform pan per the recipe below.
- Prepare Cheesecake Filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla.
- Fill & Chill: Make whipped cream and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread filling in graham cracker crust, cover. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
Scrape the seeds out of a fresh vanilla bean and add to the cream cheese mixture for a French Vanilla style look.
No-bake cheesecake is a cinch to make, but a few tips will ensure a perfect result every time!
- Ensure the cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing.
- The heavy whipping cream should be very cold for the best results. Whipping the cream until stiff peaks form ensures that the cheesecake will set properly.
- When combining the cream cheese and the whipped cream, over folding.
- Do not use low-fat dairy in this recipe.
- We add vanilla extract. Other extracts or a tablespoon or so of lemon juice can be added.
More Cheesecake Favorites
Did you love this No-Bake Cheesecake? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe
Creamy and decadent, this no-bake cheesecake is a classic dessert everyone loves!
Graham Cracker Crust
- melted unsalted butter
- graham cracker crumbs*
- Combine melted butter, graham crumbs, and sugar in a bowl with a fork until well combined.
- Press into the bottom and 1 ½ inch up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate or an 8-inch springform pan. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream on low until for 1 minute. Add cornstarch and turn mixer onto high and beat an additional 3-4 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cheesecake filling into prepared crust and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with your favorite toppings and serve.
Whipping Cream: Heavy whipping cream is recommended for the best flavor and cream should be very cold before whipping. If substituting whipped topping, the cornstarch can be omitted.
Cream Cheese: Low-fat or reduced-fat cream cheese may not set up as well.
Graham Crust: I purchase graham crumbs at the store. To make your own, add 21 graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until it forms crumbs.
To Serve: If the crust sticks to the pan, dip the bottom of the pan in hot water for a few seconds. The hot water will melt the butter on the edges of the crust and it will release easily.
Freezing: This cheesecake can be prepared ahead of time and frozen (it’s just as good thawed as the day it is made!). Place the pan in the freezer and once frozen, wrap tightly in plastic wrap to seal completely. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Cheesecake adapted from Strawberry Cheesecake Pie (No Bake)
Recipes you’ll love
About the author
Subscribe to receive weekly recipes and get a FREE Bonus e-book: Quick & Easy Weeknight Meals!
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.
Jump to Recipe
Below you will find tips, tricks and helpful hints for making this recipe including step by step instructions with pictures. If you would like to go directly to the recipe, scroll down to the recipe card.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- No oven needed – this cheesecake is perfect for when you don’t feel like turning on the oven.
- Can be customized with your favorite fruits or chocolate.
- Easier to make than traditional cheesecake with the same classic taste.
- It is a great recipe to serve at parties or get-togethers.
What is a No-Bake Cheesecake?
No-bake cheesecake is a type of dessert that doesn’t require time in the oven. Instead, you combine cream cheese and other ingredients to create a light and fluffy filling which is poured into a pre-made graham cracker crust. The mixture will set as it chills in the refrigerator.
Do You Have to Use Philadelphia Cream Cheese?
This easy cheesecake recipe calls for Philadelphia cream cheese, but you can use any brand of cream cheese that is similar in texture and flavor. Make sure to soften the cream cheese before using so it will mix properly with the other ingredients.
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Chocolate Sauce
- Strawberry Pie Filling
- Caramel Sauce
- Fresh Fruit
- Strawberry Syrup
- Salted Caramel Ganache
- Raspberry Syrup
- Blueberry Pie Filling
- Chocolate Chips
Tips for Getting the Best No Bake Philadelphia Cheesecake
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened before using. This helps ensure a smooth and creamy filling.
- Be careful not to over-mix the ingredients when making the filling. Over-mixing can cause air pockets in the cheesecake which will affect its texture.
- Chill the cheesecake for at least 4 hours before serving, this will help set the filling and make it easier to slice.
- If using a pre-made graham cracker crust, press down firmly into the pan before pouring in your filling. This will help create an even layer of cheesecake without any air pockets or gaps.
- Feel free to get creative with your favorite toppings!
Philadelphia No-Bake Cheesecake Ingredients
*Ingredient amounts are located in the recipe card at the end of this post.
Graham Crackers- To make this recipe easy, I used 14 graham cracker sheets to make about 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs.
Butter- Salted or Unsalted butter can be used for the crust.
No Bake Cheesecake Filling
Philadelphia Cream Cheese- I have had the best results using Philadelphia Cream Cheese to make this no bake cheesecake, but any brand of real cream cheese will also work. Make sure it has softened to room temperature.
Powdered Sugar- This recipe uses sugar to help sweeten the cheesecake filling.
Vanilla Extract- Add two teaspoons for extra flavor. I like to use pure vanilla extract, but imitation extract will also work.
Heavy Cream- This will be used to make homemade whipped cream and will be folded into the the no-bake cheesecake batter.
Optional Toppings- Choose one of the topping ideas above, or get creative and choose your own! There are many different options.
How to Make Philadelphia No Bake Cheesecake
No-Bake Cheesecake Filling
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This no bake cheesecake should be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you are not serving immediately, cover with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container.
How to Freeze No-Bake Cheesecake
The cheesecake can also be frozen for up to 1 month (without toppings). Make sure to wrap the cheesecake tightly with plastic wrap, then one or two layers of aluminum foil.
How to Thaw Frozen Cheesecake
Thaw the frozen no-bake cheesecake overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Are no-bake cheesecakes any good?
Yes! No-bake cheesecakes are light, fluffy and packed with delicious flavor. The ease of making one with a pre-made graham cracker crust saves time and the end result is still a very delicious dessert.
Can I use any type of cream cheese?
Yes, you can use any brand of cream cheese that is similar in texture and flavor. Make sure to soften the cream cheese before using so it will mix properly with the other ingredients.
Is there a way to make this recipe healthier?
Yes! You can always swap out the pre-made graham cracker crust for a homemade crust made with healthier options like nuts, oats or dates. You can also try using a low-fat cream cheese or replacing some of the sugar with a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup. Lastly, you can opt for healthier toppings such as fresh fruit and Greek yogurt instead of syrups and ganache.
What is no-bake cheesecake filling made of?
No-bake cheesecake filling is usually made from softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and whipped topping. The ingredients are mixed together before being added to the pre-made crust. It’s important not to over mix the filling or else it can create air pockets in the cheesecake.
Can I make no-bake cheesecake without Cool Whip?
Yes, you can make no-bake cheesecake without Cool Whip. You can use a homemade whipped cream or even Greek yogurt instead of the pre-made topping. You may need to adjust the sugar content depending on what type of topping you use on this decadent dessert.
No-bake cheesecake is a delicious and easy dessert that can be enjoyed all year round. This easy recipe requires just a few simple ingredients and you can make this decadent cheesecake in no time at all.
Whether you are looking for a healthier option or an indulgent treat, this recipe will satisfy any craving!
- 14 Graham Cracker Sheets
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, melted
Philadelphia No Bake Cheesecake Filling
- 24 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 8 Ounces Heavy Cream
- Use a food processor or rolling pin to smash the graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs and melted butter together in a medium bowl.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom and partially up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes, while preparing the filling.
- Beat the softened cream cheese in a medium bowl with a mixer until there are no lumps.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- In a separate bowl, use a stand mixer or hand mixer to whip the heavy cream until it thickens and stiff peaks begin to form.
- Use a spatula to gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the Philadelphia cheesecake filling to the prepared crust and smooth with the back of a spoon or an angled spatula.
- Chill the no-bake cheesecake for at least four hours before cutting into slices and serving with your favorite topping.
Amount Per Serving:
34g 20g 0g 11g
Pin for Later
View the Web Story
This no-bake cheesecake features a smooth, rich, and creamy filling that’s impossible to resist. Plus, the easy recipe doesn’t require an oven — so it’s perfect for busy holidays when the kitchen is full.
You’ll find a detailed ingredient list and step-by-step instructions in the recipe below, but let’s go over the basics:
These are the simple ingredients you’ll need to make this easy no-bake cheesecake recipe:
· Cream cheese: This no-bake cheesecake starts with two packages of cream cheese.· Sugar: A cup of white sugar adds the perfect amount of sweetness.· Extracts: Vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor. Lemon extract is optional, but it adds welcome brightness.· Cool Whip: A container of frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip) is the secret ingredient in this no-bake dessert.· Pie crust: Use a store-bought graham cracker crust or make your own at home.· Pie filling: The recipe calls for a can of strawberry pie filling, but you can use whatever flavor you like.
How Do You Make No-Bake Cheesecake?
Here’s a brief overview of what you can expect when you make no-bake cheesecake at home:
1. Make the cream cheese filling.2. Pour the mixture into the pie crust, then top with the fruit filling.3. Chill the pie until set.
How Long Does No-Bake Cheesecake Last?
Stored correctly (in an airtight container in the fridge), this no-bake cheesecake will last for about five days.
Can You Freeze No-Bake Cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze no-bake cheesecake! It’s a great option if you don’t plan to finish it within five days. Wrap the cheesecake in at least one layer of storage wrap, then at least one layer of aluminum foil. Freeze for up to three months, then thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise
“So easy and delicious,” raves one Allrecipes community member. “It does make a lot of filling, but I am not complaining. Just more delicious cheesecake to eat!!”
“Great recipe,” according to Kanathia Narcisse. “Just like my grandmother’s. I used shortbread cookies for the crust. It was amazing.”
“Easy and tasty,” says Gary Cole. “Didn’t have lemon extract, so I used almond. Topped with cherry pie filling. I turned out great. Was a big hit at Thanksgiving.”
Editorial contributions by Corey Williams
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and lemon extract in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour mixture into graham cracker crust and smooth evenly. Top with pie filling.
- Refrigerate until firm, 2 to 3 hours.
An 8-inch crust also works in this recipe.
Lemon extract gives a hint of tartness, and I find it complements the vanilla extract. You can leave it out if you prefer plain cheesecake.
Any fruit filling can be used in place of strawberry, or top cheesecake with fresh fruit.
This easy peasy 3 ingredient no-bake cheesecake recipe is simply delish! The filling is made with just 3 ingredients and is baked in a store-bought graham cracker crust to make this dessert even easier!
Those who know me best (and long-time readers of the blog) know how much I love cheesecake.
Recipes like red velvet Oreo cheesecake, strawberry crunch cheesecake, and apple crumble cheesecake often come across my table.
I can’t get enough of this dessert! My family likes it too — a cheesecake typically doesn’t last more than a few days in my house!
I also love making them for parties.
When I have plenty to keep me busy in terms of the main dish and side dishes, the last thing I want to do is spend hours preparing dessert.
That’s where recipes like this 3 ingredient no bake cheesecake come in!
Featuring simple, easy-to-find ingredients — and you don’t even need to turn on the oven.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post
- How to make 3 ingredient cheesecake with condensed milk, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Added vanilla isn’t required, but I typically include it!
- Instructions on how to prep the crust — pre-baking it is (of course) optional for 3 ingredient no bake cheesecake!
- FAQs that could come up when you make this easy peasy no-bake cheesecake.
When you’ve got a big party soon, this 3 ingredient no bake cheesecake is the perfect solution for an easy dessert.
Make it the night before so you have a ready-to-eat treat that everyone will love!
How To Make 3 Ingredient No Bake Cheesecake
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: You’re not required to pre-bake the graham cracker crust, but if you choose to, refer to the recipe card below for instructions on how to do so. Baking the crust will help it hold together better, but store-bought “ready crusts” are perfectly safe to eat without baking.
STEP TWO: Place the cold heavy cream into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on medium-high speed until you start to see stiff peaks — it should take around 3 minutes. Place the whipped cream in another bowl and set aside.
STEP THREE: Add the softened cream cheese to the stand mixer bowl and beat on medium for about 30 seconds to incorporate a bit of air. Add the sweetened condensed milk (and vanilla, if you like) to the cream cheese and mix until well combined.
STEP FOUR: Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold them together with a spatula — you want your 3 ingredient cheesecake with condensed milk to be light and fluffy, so be careful not to over-mix.
STEP FIVE: Pour the cheesecake filling into the graham cracker crust and smooth (or swirl!) the top. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours (overnight is better) to set your 3 ingredient no bake cheesecake. If you want firmer results, allow it to chill in the freezer for 2 hours before serving.
STEP SIX: Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint (or another topping of your choice) and serve!
How Do You Make A No-Bake Cheesecake Set?
This will help the 3 ingredient cheesecake with condensed milk (which also adds to the consistency!) firm up and take on a light and fluffy texture.
I love using condensed milk in baking as you can see in my Condensed Milk Brownies too!
You also need to allow it to chill in the fridge for at least 8 hours, and overnight for the best results. Patience is key here!
What Can I Use Instead Of Philadelphia Cream Cheese For Cheesecake?
You can use any brand of cream cheese for your 3 ingredient no bake cheesecake.
You can also completely replace it with a different ingredient: Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, mascarpone, and ricotta are all good options.
Should You Bake The Crust Of A No-Bake Cheesecake?
If you want to make your 3 ingredient cheesecake with condensed milk truly no-bake, you don’t have to pre-bake your store-bought graham cracker crust.
That’s the beauty of ready crusts, and why I choose to use one in this recipe.
Is Egg Necessary In Cheesecake?
Not for this 3 ingredient no bake cheesecake! Some recipes swear by it to create a smooth and rich texture, but I prefer something a bit more light and fluffy.
And, if you do want your easy peasy no-bake cheesecake to firm up a bit more, placing it in the freezer to chill is a nice trick.
I like to keep this recipe simple and leave out the egg completely.
Other Cheesecake Recipes You’ll Love
- ¾ cup cold heavy cream
- 2 bricks (16 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 (10”) store-bought graham cracker crust
- (Optional) Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake the graham cracker crust for 5 minutes and then set it aside to cool. Baking the crust will help it hold together better, but “ready crusts” are safe to eat without baking.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk (and vanilla, if using) to the cream cheese and mix until completely combined.
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and gently fold them together using a silicone spatula– we want a light and fluffy cheesecake so make sure not to deflate the whipped cream!
- When the cheesecake is smooth and combined, transfer it to the prepared graham cracker crust and smooth or swirl the top.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake until set– at least 8 hours, but preferably overnight. This cheesecake is light and fluffy– for a firmer, more dense cheesecake (and one that is easier to slice), place the cheesecake in the freezer for 2 hours prior to serving.
- Slice and garnish with fresh strawberries and mint.
- Store any leftover cheesecake covered in the fridge for up to three days.
1Amount Per Serving: 16g 8g 0g 8g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.